Tips and tricks for auto care.
Muffler and tailpipe issues can lead to serious problems with your vehicle. The exhaust system serves to remove hazardous contaminants from the engine. A damaged tailpipe will adversely impact a vehicle’s performance and cause pollution.
Symptoms your vehicle’s muffler and tailpipe may need repair or replacement:
- Cracks in the tailpipe or other pipes of the exhaust system
- Unusual sounds such as hissing or popping
- Holes or excessive rust on the muffler
- Excessive rust in brackets and clamps causing the tailpipe or tailpipe to hang too far down
Our expert technicians will:
- Evaluate the full exhaust system
- Inspect muffler & tailpipe
- Make all necessary repairs
If you suspect your vehicle is in need of muffler and tailpipe service, we can help with repair or replacement services. Contact us today to set an appointment.
What are the functions of the muffler and tailpipe within the exhaust system?
The exhaust emission system in a vehicle involves exhaust manifolds that join with the cylinder heads to collect hazardous exhaust gases. These gases travel through the exhaust system and are first analyzed by oxygen sensors, then refined by the catalytic converter. At this point, the exhaust or converted gas is silenced by the muffler, and exits through the vehicle tailpipe.
Deals, tips, event details and more
Get exclusive access to them all when you sign up for our newsletter